Thursday, July 23, 2009

Saying "Thanks"...

You already know that an Ironman is a challenging event, but getting to the starting line is even more difficult. With this in mind, I would like to thank all of the following for helping get to this point:
  • Mom & Dad: For the continued support. Whether it is the chicken cutlets, race updates, reserving rooms, picking me up, they are always there. Although triathlons are not a true spectator sport, the still show up to watch me race.
  • Sisters & Brother: Behind the scenes, cheering me on. Especially Nic, who has trained with me and keeps motivating me to become better. Its tough being the second best athlete in the family.
  • Susan Ballmer: My coach who has reminded me it is about the process, not just the day. I was a sprinter and am now an Ironman because of her help and kind words of support.
  • Peter Foster and Kim Weiland (aka. Long Ride Renegades): For riding with me on many of my outings. Having others to train with was a pleasure. I hope I have helped you become better as you have helped me.
  • Dr. Brett Coapland: Active Care and his magic hands have helped kept me healthy. I recommend him to anyone who wants to improve in any sport.
  • The Granite State Triathlon Club: Best club in the state and best members any where. These members support and care for each other and bleed our team colors, Orange and Blue.
  • Tom Dawson, Paul Cavanaugh and David Criswell: Although time was limited together in training, knowing you were out there was motivating enough. Knowing you will be on the course with me, even better!
  • The Hentz Family: For helping so many times with Jordan and allowing me to use the hot tub. Especially Liz and Max for playing with Jojo so I could get some extra training in. Thanks neighbors.
  • Myles and MC Cycles: Always taking care of me and my bike. I only hope I can ride it as fast as you made it look.
  • The Fitness Edge and Its Members: Best members and health club in the Lakes Region. Whether sneaking in a early spin ride with my "secret" group or just supporting me in the race, the members and employees rock.
  • Everyone Else (trying not to forget anyone): This includes my co-workers and friends at LHS, Endorfun Sports, Shooter's Gold Camps (especially Paul Hogan), and anyone else who has helped me get to this race...THANKS!

Finally, I really need to say thanks to the following two ladies:

  • My Wife, Tammy: With everything else going on in our lives, this just added to the craziness. However, we did it. The early mornings, sleepless nights, long trainings, my anal-retentive characteristics! How did you do it? OK, I admit it, I am a pain. Thanks for your support, coaching and positive outlook on this race. And thanks helping me get to the starting line. Now, how many more can I do?
  • My Daughter, Jordan: Who could ask for a better daughter. At 6 years old, she has done Reach the Beach, a Marathon, countless triathlons and an Ironman in torrential rain. Through it all, she is always there with a smile and a kiss for her Daddy. I can't wait to return the favor!

I am sorry if I have forgotten anyone, but I wanted to do my best to thank everyone who has helped me reach this point. I guess it does take a village to build an Ironman.

No comments: